Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Revival Starts Within

 


I'm excited to share that this week we are having revival meetings at our church. But not only am I hoping for a change in our community, but I'm looking for a change within.


It started last week when I was annoyed because my computer took longer to load than I felt it should. Then, as the week progressed I felt overwhelmed and frustrated while picking things up around the house. I began to pay attention to my actions and realized there needed to be a change.


Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. I want theses fruits to grow from the inside out. I know it is possible because everything I read says it's true. So, I've entered into this week expecting a great revival from within.


Our first revival meeting was on Sunday April 17, 2012. We got home from the revival meeting around 11:30 PM. I had to begin work at 6:00 AM. Those were the ingredients for a very cranky Peggy. I felt frustrated and irritable but I took it to God. "I want true change! I want God's love to flow through me!" By that afternoon I felt peace and things began to change. 


Last night we went to our second revival meeting. We got home late, and this morning I woke up with a horrible headache. I had a few problems with my computer at work this morning, but I was at peace in the midst. Not once did I feel like tossing the computer on the floor.  It is 2:30 PM as I write this and I have lots of chores to do around the house, as well as figure out what to cook for dinner. But I tell you truly, His word is true.  Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. I feel His peace through me and I know He is answering my prayer for a revival to start within me. I look forward to see what God has planned this week and to see what changes He will cause to occur within me.




If you would like to watch these meetings you can join us through live stream.   http://ssa.tv/




Numbers 6:24  Peggy


Picture by Peggy Slocum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers