Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Don't Hide it...There is Power in Your Past!!!

I had an awesome dream last night!

I went for a very long walk with my friend and we stopped off at a gym to work out. I was in the ladies room and this woman came over to me and asked me if I would talk to her grandfather. I said yes and she took me to a room where he was working. I found it odd that she didn't introduce me, but I walked in anyway.
I went into the room and told him that his granddaughter wanted me to talk to him.
"Oh!" the gentleman began. "Isn't she sweet. And so pretty with her blonde hair and..."
"No, this one had black, curly hair with a shimmer of grey down the side."
"Wow." He said as he looked down at the floor and then back up at me. "I didn't know she knew I was her grandfather."
Then he began to air all his dirty laundry to me. I could see the sorrow in his face as he shared his dark secrets.
Then I began to share past hurts and secrets with him and he listened intently as if he could feel the pain as I described it.
As I was speaking to him, I whispered in my mind "Oh Lord where are we going with this. How do I lead him to You?"
And then it happened I came to the end of my story and I was able to tell the gentleman how those burdens were given to God and how I'm forever changed. That God's love was bigger!
The man's eye's grew big and it was as though I watched his heavy burdens fall from his shoulders and peace flowed over him.
As I left the room I looked back and he was covered in silk. God didn't just wash the guy's clothes, He gave him new clothing. Not just cheap clothing either, but top of the line. That guy was transformed and covered in silk.

Everyone who comes to Christ has an awesome story to tell. This is who I was, and this is who I am now! I am forgiven and changed forever. Don't underestimate the power of your personal story. God will use it to transform lives!! Tell someone what God has done for you today!!!

Revelation 12:11


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers