Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Mighty Leader

Jesus

I just got back from a lovely walk up our long, beautiful, country road. On my way back down the rocky hill, I began to think about Jesus. And what He has done for me. Suddenly, I found myself imagining what happened when God sent Adam and Eve out of the garden.
I saw two worlds separated by a thin clear wall. As Father God was standing behind them He said, "Don't worry, I have a back up plan." He whispered with power in His deep voice, "I'm sending Jesus." And then He gently led them into the new world we call earth.
The more I get to know God, the more I hear His voice like that, with love and power wrapped around every word. I no longer see His word as something that I have to try to live up to, but as precious manna from heaven that guides and directs me. I picture my heavenly Father gently wrapping His arm around me and saying, "Don't go near that Peggy, it will bite you." Or, "run through this door Peggy, I have great plans for you there." Our Heavenly Father is the mighty leader that guides with love and walks with us always.


Psalm 32:8; John 14:27; Romans 8:38-39; Jeremiah 29:11; 2 Timothy 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers